If you have difficulty hearing low sounds, Headphone Accommodations in iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 help you by amplifying soft sounds and specific frequencies, making them easier to hear. It works with the following headphones.
- AirPods (2nd generation)
- AirPods Pro
- AirPods Max
- Apple EarPods (with 3.5 mm Headphone Plug or Lightning Connector)
- Powerbeats Pro
- Beats Solo Pro
Next, here is how to set up Headphone Accommodations:
- Open iPhone Settings and tap Accessibility.
- Tap Audio/Visual.
- Tap Headphone Accommodations and turn it on from the next screen.
- You can choose it to work with all calls (including FaceTime and third-party app calls) or Media (Siri, music, movies, podcasts, audiobooks, voicemail, and Live Listen).
- Tap Custom Audio Setup to fine-tune it.
- You may also use the slider to choose among Slight, Moderate, or Strong.